The conventional methods of tilling have always been messy and a pain in the back. The gas tillers are no better with their handling and maintenance being a tad bit difficult as they require regular oiling, tune-ups and what not. The GreenWorks Cordless Cultivator takes care of all these aspects and more. Manufactured by GreenWorks, this battery operated little beast packs a lot of punch for its small size and definitely gives the other gas powered tillers a run for their money.
It provides a maximum tilling width of 8.25 inches to 10 inches and a depth of up to 5 inches without the hassles of gas spillage or long power cords. At the heart of this machine is a powerful 40V 4Ah Lithium-ion battery that can power the machine continuously and uniformly for 40 minutes once it is full charged. The battery is rechargeable and is quite cheep when it comes to power consumption with one full charging session costing $0.04 or less. This light weight and efficient tiller is a great product overall for hassle free tilling and cultivation.
Features and Specifications:
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery: The G-MAX 40V Lithium-ion battery can power this machine for 40 minutes straight in one single full charging session and it delivers uniform and non fading power for the entire duration. The power tends to fade away in other battery operated machines once the battery runs out and discharges but this tiller runs continuously and uniformly with the same amount of power for the entire duration. The battery can be full charged in 60 minutes for the 2Ah variant and in 120 minutes for the 4Ah variant.
- Adjustable tilling width and height: There are 4 adjustable 8 inch tines that are separated uniformly and these durable tines provide a maximum tilling width of 8.25 inches to 10 inches and a maximum depth of up to 5 inches. The tines can be adjusted accordingly to get the desired width and depth of tilling. The 6 inch rear wheels support the machine on uneven surfaces and there’s also a gear drive transmission to handle tough areas efficiently. These factors increase the overall stability of the machine and make it robust and sturdy.
- Easy 2-step start switch: To prevent accidental start ups and mistakes the tiller comes with a 2-step start switch to ensure that the tiller doesn’t starts when you don’t want it to. This eliminates the hard to mange pull cords of the gas tillers and gives extra safety by preventing accidental start ups. The battery based operation is also an added bonus since it eliminates the long and messy power cords required to operate the electric tillers available in the market. Also you don’t need to buy any extra power cord for this machine since it operates on a battery and doesn’t requires continuous power supply.
- The main advantage of this tiller is its electricity and battery based operation that makes it a lot more easier and convenient to use and manage this machine without the hassles of the old and bulky gas tillers. There are no gas spillage and the machine requires no tune ups or a pull cord to start the tiller. It starts instantly with the push of a button and is relatively efficient and safe as compared to the other tillers available in the market. Also the cleaning and maintenance of this machine is completely hassle free and easy for a longer duration of time.
- The powerful battery at the heart of this machine delivers continuous and uniform power for a duration of 40 minutes without any hiccups and slices effortlessly through soil and dirt to give the desired results in no time.
- The adjustable tines give you the freedom to select your desired width of tilling from 8.25 inches to 10 inches and you can also select the depth of tilling with a maximum depth of 5 inches. The rear wheels do a great job in stabilizing the machine over uneven surfaces and impart more maneuverability and control to the machine while tilling. The durable gear drive transmission in the wheels ensure easy handling on tough and stubborn surfaces.
Tips for easy handling:
- The battery placement in this tiller is a bit tricky and sometimes it can become a tad bit difficult to remove or install the battery in this machine. It is advisable to read the user manual carefully before assembling the tiller and you can use silicone or any other lubricant on the sides of the battery to facilitate easy removal and installation.
- Due to the lightweight body of the tiller and the powerful motor snapping 2000 times per minute, the machine tends to get unstable or shaky on some rough and stubborn surfaces. Improvising on the machine by fastening the wheels and the handles with a screw can help resolve this issue. Alternatively, a bigger screw can be used instead of the smaller one that is provided with the assembly package.
- Several more improvisations can be done like installing the handle bar upside down for people with a shorter height. Also, using some kind of biodegradable lubricant on the tines and wheels of this machine can increase the durability and efficiency of the tiller.
The GreenWorks Cordless Cultivator is available for $198.55 on Amazon with the battery and charger unit and it can also be bought from the official website of Walmart for $144.97 without the battery and charger unit. The battery and charger unit are also sold separately for $106.38 on Amazon for the 40V, 4Ah varient. The overall effective cost of this machine still remains very economical and makes it a good and value for money product in the given price bracket.
Also Checkout the Reviews of Other Tillers: